National Association of Professional Women (NAPW) committed attempted credit card fraud

Seattle, Washington 7 comments

The National Association of Professional Women (NAPW) threatened to access my credit card account for payment without my permission by stating in an e-mail that "Your annual renewal of $99 has been processed, so there will be no interruption in your membership." I have cancelled my credit card and reported the NAPW for attempted fraud to the New York State Attorney General, Better Business Bureau among others. The NAPW misleading and a scam artist. I fell for the NAPW's manipulative telemarketing scheme, paid exorbitant initial membership fees, only to find out that all of the NAPW's promises are a complete hoax.

Review about: Membership.

Comments

Same issue here.I never authorized the renewal.

I spoke to another agent that offered me a VIP membership that I declined. Also telling her that I was not renewing my elite status membership. They insisted that my elite membership was more expensive and that I should sign up for the VIP. I DECLINED again on the phone .

I received a charge on my credit card today. I called and told them that I did not authorize the renewal.

She told me that I could not cancel and that I was liable for the charge. She agreed to reduce the amount . I was billed $996.

Less the reduction.

I want.All of it back but they will not reduce anny more.

I called my CC COMPANY VISA, and was told that I could not cancelled the charge because I had already authorized them a year ago to use my card.

Don't sign up,

Any suggestions on my course of action.

Chica2
Spring Valley, New York, United States #661720

Be aware!napw forces you to lie to the so called members.

the introductory membership and the trial membership are exactly the same with a $100 difference between them! you are also not told about a $99 profile set up fee until after you have given your credit card info. you are pumped up to believe you are aleady a member by questions pertaining to your career, just to be introduced to an elite at $989 and a preferred membership at $789. Then they work you to standard at $489 then Intro and Trial which are the same.

Only one thing separates the Standard and them.So, their sales tactics suck, yes and there is a lot of pressure on the employess, all women to make their quota each week.

Yes, my wife was duped into the same hoax. They pay a lot of money to have a celebrity endorse them, but in reality it is nothing but a money-making operation run by people with shady histories.

Chica2
to Jorge #661721

Be aware!napw forces you to lie to the so called members.

to Chica2 Tomball, Texas, United States #663813

I just got a call from them.While every professional association has fees their fees are outrageous.

The woman on the phone was so pushy. When I commented about the fees, she reduced the price to 489, then 289, then 189. That sent up red flags for me. If they are such a good professional organization then they would never have to decrease their fees to make someone happy.

A person wanting to be in their organization would find a way to meet the fees.

The lady was so pushy that I finally just hung up on her.Their questions were so bogus that I think I could have told her I was a bean stamper and she would have said I was accomplished.

to Chica2 Tomball, Texas, United States #663814

By the way.When I asked the lady to send me the information via email she told me that in order to keep their cost down I had to make a decision right then and there.

Hum, how does an email affect the cost.

I would understand if they had to pay per email but i don't know of any services that charge you per email.I don't like cold sales and I don't like pushy salesmen.

to Gwen #824148

This is funny, the EXACT same thing just happened to me.I was told that I had to make a decision right away, and the fee went from $989 down to $99 for the first year.

I had to hang up on her too.This is horrible.

View more comments